This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up E-mail on Mozilla Thunderbird for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Due to differences in the operating systems, some screens and steps might vary. Thunderbird can be downloaded for free from Mozilla.com.
1. Select the 'Tools' menu.
2. Select Account Settings.
3. Click the Account Actions button.
4. Click Add Mail Account.
5. Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your outgoing mail messages.
6. Enter your E-mail address.
7. Enter your E-mail password.
8. Click the Continue button.
9. Thunderbird will now attempt to setup the account automattically. It will create an IMAP account and will not use SSL.
10. Once the automatic setup has completed click on Manual Setup.
11. Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) from the left hand colum.
12. Highlight your new SMTP Server and click Edit.
13. Enter your entire email address as the User Name, under the Security and Authentication section.
14. Change the Port from Port: 25 to Port: 26
15. Give this account a nickname for future reference.
16. Click Ok
17. Take a minute to review your account information. If everything appears to be fine, click Ok to finish.
You should now be able to send and receive mail.